Castle Street pizza and cocktail favourite Santa Maluco has announced they’ll be keeping the fun going into the early hours with new late night opening hours.
The bar and eatery, the only Rodizio pizza place in the city, will be extending its daily closing time to 1.30am, catering for the new later night crowd in the business district.
Guests pay a fixed price for unlimited pizza, and are able to sample a wide range of seasonal pizzas along with salads and sweet treats, all of which can be washed down with a menu of inventive cocktails.
Santa Maluco is just one of the six venues owned by restaurant and bar group, Graffiti Spirits Group. Founders John Ennis and Matt Farrell, wanted to offer pizzas which combined both authentic Italian flavours, along with more unusual toppings taking inspiration from around the globe, resulting in a wide range of 18inch wood-fired pizzas, made from scratch on site.
A giant wood-fired pizza oven takes centre stage of the bustling kitchen, so guests can keep an eye on which delicious pizza is next to be dished up. Priced at £10 before 4pm and £15 after 4pm for the Rodizio option, it’s great for indecisive foodies looking to sample an assortment of toppings.
The food menu includes:
- What the Duck – shredded duck, spring onions, cucumber, char siu·
- Leonardo da Veggie – a white pizza topped with mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, courgette, aubergine, garlic oil·
- Ma-Donner – shoulder of lamb, mozzarella, cabbage, onions, sriracha and tahini, yoghurt and mint dressing
The drinks menu has similarities to Santa Maluco’s independent little sister venue, Santo Chupitos, offering a decent range of cocktails, beers and soft drinks.
Examples from the drinks menu include:
- $5 Dollar Shake (£8) – vodka, Chambord, milk, blueberry jam, ice cream
- St Germain Punch (£8) – gin, elderflower, fresh lime, Peychaud’s Bitters topped with Ting & Cream
- Jamaican Me Stormy (£5/9) – rum, fresh lime, ginger beer
Santa Maluco, 2 Castle Street, Liverpool, L2 0NA T: 0151 236 5646. Opening hours: Daily 12pm-1.30am